Home, a cosy place where you put your feet up and relax, where you can let your guard down and just- be yourself!
The decision to buy or sell your home is quite tasking, sometimes an emotional one too. This is where you need help, a realtor is just who you need.
Who is a realtor? Why do people use realtors? What do they do?
Who is a realtor?
A realtor is an authorized property salesman or woman that is a recognized member of the National Association of Realtors(NAR) and is guided by the ethics of the Association.
Is he different from a property agent? Yes, the name is in the certification, a property agent or real estate agent can become a realtor too, you have to get certified. Now, why do you need a realtor?
Why do people use realtors?
Imagine you have decided to move from your present location, probably, the weather is too cold, you need someplace warm and bright, think Arizona, nice choice, yes?
Now, moving to Arizona would require a lot, you have to find the perfect school for the kids, find the right home that accommodates the needs of each family member, and a comfortable space large enough to let loose!
Can you see that it’s a lot to imagine? A realtor takes away all that from your plate. A realtors job description involves but is not limited to:
● preparing a comprehensive list of location, size, special features and price of listed
● giving detailed information on the neighbourhood.
● publicizing available property for buyers or renters.
● negotiating the deal between the buyer and seller.
● preparing the required documents needed to consummate a successful deal.
That’s a huge load off, right?
Well, your realtor isn’t just all about business and closing deals, they have great problem-solving abilities, great interpersonal skills, are quite friendly, yet professional and effective, aiming for your utmost satisfaction. If you are planning on moving to Arizona, think Realtor Phoenix.
Qualities to look out for in a realtor
So, when you finally decide to buy a home or sell the existing one, what should you look out for in a realtor?
● Appropriate Certification: NAR offers different real estate or realtor certifications that indicate your realtor has pursued additional training. Be sure to check its update.
● Mastery of the local market: You would want to work with a realtor who has a vast knowledge of the local property, someone that can streamline your home choices to your needs and help you decide properly.
● Solid negotiation skill: If you are looking to buy a home, your realtor has to negotiate a good deal for you, decide if you should push for a repair before you buy or advise a good deal to settle for, you need a realtor who knows his onions.
Finally, when it comes to choosing your realtor, the key is your confidence and comfort level in his or her abilities. Does he give you relevant information? Is he effective? If you feel you can trust this person, then you are in the right direction.